Hair Dye Confessions
1. Only go a shade or two darker or lighter than your current color. This is why I needed to go to a salon to do red to blonde
2. Don't buy the cheap stuff. You're already saving cash with a box. Spring for the $12 one.
3. I think foams give better/quicker coverage and don't make as much of a mess since it's less drippy.
4. Semi-permanent is less damaging and is ready for touch up when roots are ready for dye anyway.
5. For red color use a shade very to your hair color to start with. Red also fades faster than other colors so expect to dye more often, and bath towels to turn red.
6. If you have a lot of hair you may need two boxes to cover it all.
7. It's never a bad idea to do a test on a small chunk of hair from the back of your head. This could save you from a hair emergency, which is worth an extra 25 minutes.
8. Read the instructions, and follow them. Then use the deep conditioner weekly!
9. I wash my hair every other day to keep it from drying out. Though, my bangs get washed every day. I use Lush Big Shampoo and Veganese Conditioner most days. Sometimes I use Wen cucumber.
Happy coloring! Mallory