Since Halloween is tomorrow Jill
and I chose to do a look for a makeup post
that you could use as a last minute Halloween costume idea. Though, I'd totally wear this as an everyday look. We decided on a classic Barbie look. Just add your favorite shade of pink and maybe a box & you're all set for Halloween. This week the super awesome Ashley Ross
shot the photos for us!
1. The first step was of course a thick layer of Makep Forever HD foundation
applied with a sponge to take my natural makeup look into more of a fake doll like texture. We also concealed around my eyes & filled in my brows.
2. Jill created a lid base with MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
, a creamy light pink color.
3. Next up she used MAC
Pigment in Magenta Madness
with a soft brush, making sure to tap off
the excess. She added this to my eyelid crease and slightly above.
4. She added definition with Buck from the Urban
Decay Naked 1 Palette
in the outside corners of my eyes blended
up into the crease.
5. Black winged eyeliner, preferably Make Up Forever Aqua Liner
6. She lined the lower lash line with brown Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner. Remember to do this with the lash line, not above the lash line to make your eyes look bigger. This is a very common mistake.
7. Add your favorite pink blush. We used Hard Candy Blush in Living Doll
, which is a perfect name.
8. She added some half strip false lashes then touched up my eyeliner.
9. I added my favorite pink lipstick, NARS Pure Matte in Carthage
tour guide Barbie Halloween ready! ♥ Mallory
p.s. Thanks again Ashley & Jill!